When making the decision to add new windows to your existing home there are many features and considerations to make. Keep in mind that yes, new windows will you’re your home more energy efficient. That cost of savings will take several years in order to actually pay for the windows that you select to place in your home. Energy Star-qualified windows can lower your energy bills by 7 to 15%. That cost of savings usually only figures to about $50-$450 per year for a 2,000 square-foot, single-story home depending upon the type of window you install. So why make the decision to install new windows? New windows will save you energy costs. They will also make your home quieter, more attractive, less drafty and they will not need to be painted. New windows also are much easier to clean than old windows with combination storm and screens.
When considering what company and brand of windows to choose consider the following:
- Price doesn’t indicate performance – Expensive well-known brands may not do the job that you believe they will.
- Match windows to climate – look at overall scores on windows. Zero in on test results that apply to our local climate.
- Don’t overspend on options – focus on features that will add value. Low-E coatings improve efficiency in our cold winter climates. Finer mesh screens let more light through and do not obscure the view as some standard screens do.
Window Anatomy 101
- Frame provides structure.
- Cladding protects the exterior of a wood or composite window and is made of vinyl, aluminum, or fiberglass, eliminating painting.
- Sash is the moving part of the window; it can be tilted in for easy cleaning.
- Insulated glass Double-glazed windows have a sealed space between two panes of glass filled with air or another gas that insulates better than air. Argon gas is standard on many windows, but the energy savings won’t justify paying extra for it.
- Low-E coating is transparent and improves the efficiency of the glass by reflecting heat yet letting light in. The coating is applied to the outside of glass in warmer climates to reflect the sun’s heat out; in colder areas, it’s applied to the inside glass to keep heat in.
- Grilles are decorative and are available in different patterns to match architectural styles.
Windows are an important part of a home’s aesthetic, both inside and out. Our windows – Amerimax has completely redesigned our entire product offering of energy efficient windows to bring you A New Direction in selection and style.
- Masters Grande Series (Double operating sash)
- Craftsman Portrait Series (Single operating sash)
- Aristocrat Casement Series (Projected sash)
Patio Doors can be beautiful and functional, thanks to Amerimax’s redesign of our energy efficient patio door products. Our New Direction in patio door selection and style offers so many choices you will be sure to find one to fit your home.
- New Horizon Series (Sliding patio door)
Casey Nelson Exteriors provides durable, high-performance vinyl replacement windows in Lincoln and Omaha, NE and surrounding areas. Vinyl replacement windows from Casey Nelson Exteriors provide homeowners with beauty, durability and energy efficiency for their hone. These high-performance windows con in a stylish selection of shapes and sizes to enhance the mood of every room in your home and your lifestyle.
- Increased Value & Curb Appeal: vinyl windows are a simply brilliant way to shed natural light in any room. Through solid construction, performance and maintenance-free operation make them ideal for your home.
- Greater Energy Efficiency: vinyl windows feature energy saving insulating glass for year-round advanced thermal performance. Your investment in energy star products will pay for themselves over time in reduced energy bills, increase the comfort level in your home.
- Functionality: vinyl window offer many options such as tilt-in sashes for easy cleaning, right vent locks and super spacer functionality system.
- Durability & Maintenance Free: no painting and will not rot.
- Lifetime Warranty: Our warranties certify our commitment to total customer satisfaction. A Transferrable Limited Lifetime Warranty that protects your investment backs our windows and components.