Selecting a new exterior color for your home is usually applied in the form of siding, trim, and roofing. All choices are much more permanent than changing the wall color of the inside of your home. When choosing colors focus on the following:
- The Architecture of your home. Most styles have a tried and true color palette. Color ideas for your homes architecture can be found by looking at a variety of web sites. Casey Nelson Exteriors (this web site) is where homeowners can not only see a wide variety of homes but also look for information regarding color choice selection.
- The Landscape. Look at the geography surrounding your home.
- The Neighbors. Walk around your neighborhood and see what your neighbors have done. Try to blend your home exterior with theirs. Do not do something completely different.
- Consisting Components. Consider the colors already on your home that are a major expense. This would include a new roof you already have installed, brick work or landscaping.
- Trim and Accent. When selecting your homes exterior color you will also be selecting trim and accent color. One trick when electing trim is to select your field color, and then choose a hue on the same color strip that is two to three shades lighter. In doing so you know that the colors will work together.
- Thankfully exterior home colors do not change as quickly and dramatically as interior colors do.
This beautiful home is an example of pulling all the key components together to establish a home that is the talk of the neighborhood. The eye appeal of this home is captured through the color choice of Mastic’s Dutch Ovations in Almond that the homeowners selected for their vinyl siding. Vents, porch ceiling, porch beams, soffit and fascia were also completed in Almond.
Contact Casey Nelson Exteriors of Lincoln and Omaha to help you create a one of a kind home! Let Casey Nelson show you what Mastic Siding and selected colors can do for your home!