Selecting exterior colors for your home’s makeover can be a daunting experience. There are a few subtle hints that can make this job much less challenging.
- Begin by looking at the colors that exist on your homes exterior. Colors within brick, which is already on the home or in your roof’s shingles, can lead you to your home’s new exterior color.
- Keep in mind that exterior colors are not as “trendy” as those found in interior and fashion design. The color that you select will more than likely be here tomorrow and years from now. You may want to begin your investigation of your home’s new color by driving around your neighborhood and looking at what colors exists on homes that you are drawn to.
- Talking about the neighbors! Keep in mind the colors that exist on homes next to yours. Avoid clashing color selections! Although you do want to stand out, you don’t want to be banished out of the neighborhood! Find color solutions that work with your neighbor’s colors.
- Light colors make a house look larger and more inviting, and if painted on a house that’s sited away from the curb, they can bring the structure visually forward. Dark colors, meanwhile, make a house look more substantial, and especially if applied to a home’s lower portion, they suggest stability and permanence.
- Maximize curb appeal by ensuring that your house and yard are in harmony. A green-painted house would get lost on a heavily wooded lot, while a bright color might appear too brash where landscaping is sparse.
- Add character to your home’s color by painting window trim and architectural details in a contrasting accent color. Avoid drawing attention to features that need to blend into the architecture of the home like the air-conditioning unit, gutters or unevenly placed windows.
This beautiful home in Omaha focused on many of the key components that were discussed. By using Mastic’s Corn Silk Structure Siding and terra bronze accents the home becomes a showpiece on their block!
If you are looking at a home make-over give Casey Nelson Exteriors a call. Casey will discuss the products available to you, the advantages of each, and show you the colors that are available along with accent selections.